pages

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thought for the day...

Don’t let yesterday’s failures ruin the beauty of today....

So many times we fail to live in the beauty of God today because of past mistakes and failures. When I layed down to go to sleep last night this is what happened: I was so tired but had a desire to read the Word before I went to sleep. When I finished reading I closed my Bible and got all tucked in for a good night's sleep and the enemy began to have a field day. He started throwing my past into my thoughts and then I started feeling panic over the things I can do nothing about. I just wanted to cry and to go back to change the things I screwed up on so badly. But isn't that just like the deceiver. If he can't make you be bad he will make you feel bad about what God has forgiven and cast into the sea of forgetfulness. Micah 7:18,19

I'm not saying that my choices won't have consequences and that the pain of my choices will just go away because I am forgiven but I do have the power to claim victory in Jesus because it was for all those mistakes, choices and bad decisions that He came to this earth, to set us free from the bondage of that sin, to conquer death for all of us. I am not longer a slave to sin, but I am born anew in Christ. Romans 6:23

I can pray that He will cleanse me and teach me to walk in His truth. I am no longer condemned to death in my sin. None of us can walk perfectly enough to get to heaven, we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23

So as I lay there I thanked Him for dying for me, and prayed that He would cover over my shortcomings in raising my girls. He promises that His Word will not return void, so all those times they heard the Word of God being taught and all the songs of scripture that they sang, will return to them and beckon them back to the Lord. Isaiah 55:11 (NKJV)
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it
.

I am so thankful for that. Thank you Lord, that You have conquered death and hell. Thank you for creating a good work in me (and my children), and thank you that you will be faithful to complete it in Christ Jesus. Amen (so be it).

No comments:

Post a Comment